Saturday, October 23, 2010

Beale Street U

My book entitled "Beale Street U' is a rare view of the world known Beale Street that's recognized as the home of the Blues and where W.C. Handy wrote the Blues. There were other day to day rhythms and beats known to Beale Street. Music changed and claimed my life for the better. Some of these things happened in my life before I met the Beale Street I came to know and respect, from which I learned much and derived my current pedigree.

This book has hidden scenes of Beale Street only seen in the rear view mirror of history. Because what you see through the wind shield today is not the true Beale Street I knew. Beale Street was my work- and play-ground that gave me humor, pleasure, guidance, hardship, adventure and survival skills.

These are stories of shared family love, along with sketches of some of my unusual friends' ups and downs. I have been able to share love and be loved.....achieved happiness and success as my character ( to my own amazement unfold in ways I never could have imagined.

This book is mostly about unforgettable characters in my life who will shake your senses and raise your eyebrows just like they did my own.

I reflect on some painful mistakes and the equally painful process of restoring my own moral fiber and character--and sincerely hope that, reading this book, you might find ways to avoid some of the pitfalls that await every human being, of whatever color or persuasion.

2 comments:

  1. This is great!! I will be glad when the book comes out! Zelda ~ 10/22/2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful My Dear and Precious Friend ;-)
    Can't Wait to read your book Nathan ♥
    You Know if I could only pick one kind of
    Music to listen to for the rest of my life
    It would have to be the Blues,I guess being from the
    South {Born & Raised}it's just in my Blood...

    Love Ya!
    Ms.Mattie Lou {Aka Matilda Lou/Vintage Angel}

    ReplyDelete